Friday, July 10, 2009

Recap

Ok guys so I know it's been a really long time. Let's just say...a fcuk ton of stuff happened in the last few months and this is the first time I have a) had the time to write everything down and b) been able to write everything down...you will know the distinction in let's say...oh...one or two paragraphs.

So let's start at the beginning...just after THE WEEK OF HELL!!!

To give a little bit of background. My reason for searching online for "Mr. Right" was because I had recently been dumped. The guy was...my everything. The first person I'd really let in and a sudden breakup with a bogus explaination well...let's just say that Ms. Laura was NOT in a good state.

I decided it was time for a change. I'd change my game plan and instead of dating dudes from my circle (because up until this point I had ONLY dated FRIENDS) I would pull from a new pool. Well...you know how that turned out.

Fast forward a few weeks and I get a phone call from a mutual friend telling me to "come chill." I immediately ask the basic questions..."where?" and "who's gonna be there?" The location happened to be the apartment down the hall from mine and the group of friends...three of my closest male buddies and my ex. Yep...the guy that broke my heart.

Still, in the spirit of friendship, trying to get over him, and not make things weird with everyone i decided to go over. It had been more than a month since we had all hung out and all I really wanted was for things to go back...be how they were before the love shit hit the fan.

So I went over, in my pj's cuz...it was only down the hall and how fcukin cares!?! To explain a little we had all gone camping a few months before and once you've seen me camping well...you've kinda seen it all.

Anyways I'm at the apartment. Grizzly pulls out a few Heine's...we all sit there drinking. Steve-o, Grizzly, The Ex, and me. It's all going great...just a few friends chillin and even though I was sitting next to the Ex I felt like did pretty well. Not ignoring him but not focusing on him too much, sipping my brew and keeping up with the convo. I brushed away the little glances he had been giving me, glances oddly similar to the ones I had received during those "you and me" moments we had had as a couple. Brushed them off, that and the enduring hug he gave me when it was time to go.

After the good-byes were said I walked back down the hall. As my bare feet peddled against the concrete walk way my phone went off...a message from The Ex.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"What?"

"Sure you're not still mad at me?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Idk...i kinda miss you in a way. Think we could talk"

"Sure"

And then he called me. Saying all the things I had wanted him to say before, being the man I always knew he could be, pulling at my heart strings and making it hard for me to keep my head straight. This guys, this man, this boy really had taken my heart, put it in a safe and dropped it from the top of a 100 story building and when i went to rescue the remains, I didn't know the combination...he kept it.

Against my better judgment (cuz the stupid thing beating inside me swore "he'd changed") I meet with him. Just the two of us down on the picnic bench. Him telling me how lost he'd felt, realizing it was because everyone around him had found someone to love and love them back, how much he missed me and realizing it was because he had let the best thing in his life go.

I melted...feel right back into the arms that felt so right. Kissed the lips I had dreamt about. Fell into the embrace I never wanted to leave.

The result was utter bliss. For the next two months we were inseperable. Not only did I semi move in with him but that play I was so fed up about...well he joined the crew. Finally the production that I thought would crash and burn before opening, had a fighting chance. My guy literally built every set, pulled a crew out of his ass, and whipped it all into shape. Even pulling me aside before curtain to make sure "I looked the best."

Of course I should know the fairy tale would end. Of course I should have realized that as soon as things seemed settled and wonderful he'd cut the legs out from under me and I'd fall from that building again...heart locked up with no key to free it.

No comments:

Post a Comment